Our emotional support volunteers offer vital emotional support to woman, girl and AFAB non-binary survivors of sexual violence and abuse by providing our helpline, email support and live chat services.
We are the only specialist service in Cambridgeshire providing dedicated support to woman survivors of rape and sexual violence.
These confidential and anonymous services would not exist without our amazing volunteers, who provide life-changing support to survivors in their local community.
Women of all ages (18 years +) and backgrounds who are:
- Empathetic, non-judgemental and good listeners.
- Self-aware and emotionally resilient.
- Interested in discussing and learning about sexual violence and its impacts on women and girls.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and anonymity.
- Able to work independently using initiative and also be part of a team.
- Share CRCC’s survivor-focused ethos.
- Ideally able to commit to three shifts a month (shifts are Wednesday and Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings).
- Ideally able to commit to volunteering for at least 18 months.
We especially welcome enquiries from Black and racially minoritised women, disabled women and women from LGBTQIA+ communities.
This includes AFAB non-binary individuals who feel comfortable volunteering within a service run for women by women.
We can contribute to childcare costs and reasonable travel expenses to enable women to volunteer with us.
Comprehensive training and support will be provided for this role.