We’re now recruiting female Helpline and Email Support Volunteers to provide confidential emotional support via email and/or telephone to survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
We are looking for women who are:
– Empathetic, non-judgemental and good listeners
– Able to commit to volunteering for at least 18 months and a minimum of three shifts a month
– Able to maintain confidentiality and anonymity
– Open to discussing and learning about rape and sexual violence, and its impacts on women and girls
If this sounds like you, or you would like to know more, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Sunday 26th February, and training will take place on Sundays 10am-4pm between 19th March and 11th June, excluding bank holiday weekends.
Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre offers support to women and girls who have experienced rape, childhood sexual abuse or any other form of sexual violence.
We listen and believe. We are run by women, for women. We are confidential and non-judgemental. You are not alone.
We use the word ‘survivor’ to describe the women and girls who have survived their experiences. It may not feel like a word that describes you right now, but you have survived and are still surviving.
If you are a survivor of sexual violence, we are here for you:
- Our helpline is open four times a week, on Wednesday 7pm-9.30pm, Thursday 7pm-9.30pm, Saturday 3pm-5.30pm and Sunday 10am-12.30pm.
- Our email support service is available at email@example.com and we respond to all emails within 2-7 days.
- We offer counselling in Cambridge, Huntingdon and Ely.
- Our Independent Sexual Violence Advisor service supports anyone, any age, gender or background, who has experienced sexual violence and wants help to navigate the Criminal Justice System.