Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre recognises that the impacts of sexual violence are no less devastating for men and boys than for women and girls.
We believe all survivors of sexual violence deserve specialist support, which is why we recommend male survivors contact an organisation who can provide this. We are run by women for women but some of our services support survivors of all genders.
Our counselling service is available for survivors of rape, child sexual abuse or any form of sexual violence of any age (children aged 5 years and over) and gender from across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough who have visited a Sexual Assault Referral Centre (The Elms SARC) at some point. Haven’t visited a Sexual Assault Referral Centre at any point? Our funding is very sporadic, so please contact our Counselling Team to find out if we are able to offer counselling at this time.
Our Independent Sexual Violence Advocates are able to support anyone, any age, background or gender, who has experienced sexual violence and has reported the crime or is considering engaging with the criminal justice system.
Other services that support male survivors that may be helpful include:
- SurvivorsUK offers web and SMS chat services, along with specialist counselling in London. Their website has further information on their services, including a database of counsellors across the UK who can support male survivors.
- Safeline offers telephone and email support for all survivors of sexual violence. They have a dedicated telephone support line for male survivors of rape and childhood sexual abuse. You can call them on 0808 800 5005.
- Choices provides counselling services in Cambridge and the surrounding area to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Centre33 offers counselling and support to anyone aged 16-25 within Cambridgeshire.
- Male Survivor is a consortium between several organisations dedicated to male survivors: Survivors Manchester, Survivors UK, Safeline and Mankind. They offer offers web chat and telephone support services as well as being a resource for location specific services.