Cambridge Rape Crisis Centre recognises that the impacts of sexual violence are no less devastating for men and boys than for women and girls. We believe all survivors of sexual violence deserve specialist support, which is why we recommend male survivors contact an organisation who can provide this. Our counselling, helpline and email support services are specialist, dedicated to supporting women and girls.
We are happy to take an initial call or email from any male survivor and can provide information on support services in Cambridgeshire.
Our Independent Sexual Violence Advocates are able to support anyone, any age, background or gender, who has experienced sexual violence and has reported the crime or is considering engaging with the criminal justice system.
- SurvivorsUK offers web and SMS chat services, along with specialist counselling in London. Their website has further information on their services, including a database of counsellors across the UK who can support male survivors.
- Safeline offers telephone and email support for all survivors of sexual violence. They have a dedicated telephone support line for male survivors of rape and childhood sexual abuse. You can call them on 0808 800 5005.
- Choices provides counselling services in Cambridge and the surrounding area to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Centre33 offers counselling and support to anyone aged 16-25 within Cambridgeshire.
- Male Survivor is a consortium between several organisations dedicated to male survivors: Survivors Manchester, Survivors UK, Safeline and Mankind. They offer offers web chat and telephone support services as well as being a resource for location specific services.