Children who are sexually abused may:
Stay away from certain people
- they might avoid being alone with people, such as family members or friends
- they could seem frightened of a person or reluctant to socialise with them.
- Show sexual behaviour that’s inappropriate for their age
A child might become sexually active at a young age
- they might be promiscuous
- they could use sexual language or know information that you wouldn’t expect them to.
Have physical symptoms
- anal or vaginal soreness
- an unusual discharge
- sexually transmitted infection (STI)