Children and Young Peoples
Independent Sexual Violence Advocate Post
CRCC is recruiting a Children and Young Peoples Independent Sexual Violence Advocate (ChISVA) to support and empower children and young people aged 18 and under who are survivors of rape, sexual abuse and sexual violence. The ChISVA role is part of a countywide ISVA team providing a pro-active service to children, young people and adult survivors of sexual violence within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Provide one-to-one emotional support to young survivors
- Support young survivors using the service to access their rights
- Support young survivors using the service to access other services they may require
- Risk assess and safeguard young survivors who are using the service
- Keep young survivors using the service informed of case progress
- Provide support through the criminal justice system where appropriate
- Provide support to family members and/or care givers of children and young people
- Hours: 37 hours per week (there may be occasional evening and weekend work)
- Location: Cambridge City
- Post coverage: Cambridgeshire
- Salary: £26,556
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th November 5pm 2017.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 15th November 2017 in Cambridge.
To get an application pack please email Norah Al-Ani at email@example.com or telephone CRCC office on 01223 313551.